We were minding our own business around midday today when the heavens opened and lightning and thunder followed! Serious rain, and loud thunder! It scared the dogs to the point that I had one sitting on either side of me on the couch while I watched the rain outside. If I moved from the couch - I had two small shaddows. The rain lasted about 30 minutes, but it pelted down - these photos are taken after the rain and I guess now the Pullen Pullen Creek Catchment is in no way lacking water if what ran through the bottom of our property is any indication!
What starts as a trickle...
...turns into a rushing stream!
(There is a bridge somewhere under all that water).
The normally dry Pullen Pullen Creek in full flood!
Our property now has it' own "lake" complete with ducks.
The water at the juncture between our property and our neighbours.
Darkening skies
Another stream
1 comment:
For some strange reason I find the name "Pullen Pullen creek" fascinating. Like, Pullen Creek isn't so interesting, but stick that extra "Pullen" in there and it sounds very cool :)
I know, I'm weird.
Post a Comment