06 January 2008

Salvos Toy Warehouse

Our Corporate Social Responsibility program at DD is HHH - Heads, Hearts & Hands. Just before Christmas we lent our hands and our time to the Salvation Army Toy Warehouse for an afternoon shift. We helped put gifts together for families, helped unpack items brought in by the Salvos vans and unwrapped all the gifts brought in from the Kmart Wishing Tree, etc and sorted them by gender and age group. This year was my first experience with the Toy Warehouse and I almost teared up within the first 15 minutes of being at the RNA Showgrounds because it made me realise just how much I do have...how fortunate I am...how blessed.

The afternoon passed in a blur of activity and laughter. It was hard work, but somehow being there and making an effort for people we don't even know, probably won't ever meet didn't feel like work at all.

I hope you enjoy the photos from the afternoon.








Benita and Kerry

















The "Before" Shot













Benita, Dorlene and Kate keep the presents from tumbling!















Unpacking gifts












Project Manager, Brad takes an important call...
















Nope, it's not Santa, it's a customer!


















Our volunteers again...after some hard work!

No comments: